Portfolio Marketing Manager
Diversified Communications is an award-winning, global exhibitions company that connects companies to engage with customers at our events. We pride ourselves on offering visitors unique experiences, whilst generating quality sales leads and a great return on investment for exhibitors. We are a leader in our field, winning awards each year across a range of industry sectors at the Exhibition & Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) Awards for Excellence. Based on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne team has over 60 dedicated shared services and events professionals.
About this Opportunity
This is a senior role within the marketing department, heading up the marketing for our Food Portfolio. Helping implement the business vision and strategy across the Portfolio, a key focus of this role is driving the market-led, customer focused approach across the team. There is a strong emphasis on delivering market intelligence, actionable insights and data-led decision making. Coaching and development of a team of three is a critical component of the role, as is engagement with key senior stakeholders, both internal and external. Alongside the Marketing Director, this role will ensure we have long and short term customer and commercial targets that are clearly understood across the organisation and that we continue to drive accountability for these targets within the marketing team.
- Developing 2-5 year vision and strategic plans across the Food Portfolio, in-line with the wider marketing and business strategy, unlocking new growth and business opportunities
- Support the development of strategy and vision for individual shows within the Food Portfolio and oversee the execution of all campaigns within the portfolio
- Be an ambassador for marketing and the market-led approach within the wider business, challenging existing ways of working and introducing more effective and efficient ways of working
- Manage, mentor and inspire team members.
- Drive best practice across the food marketing portfolio and the wider marketing department
- Make the commercial case for the annual setting of the Marketing Budget for each show within the portfolio, working with the Marketing Director to develop an overall Marketing budget strategy
- Assist in the development and management of a set range of preferred suppliers for the Marketing department, including developing and managing relationships with external agencies across PR, creative services and media
- Lead post show analysis and market research process, making recommendations for changes across the portfolio that drive improved business results related to the overall customer experience or ability to attract and grow the customer base
- Minimum of 6 years of Business to Business Marketing experience
- Degree in Marketing or related commercial disciplines required
- Minimum of 3 years People Management experience, with demonstrated capability of leading a team to deliver targets
- Demonstrated ability to develop and drive business-to-business marketing strategy through a business, influencing key stakeholders where required
- Strong commercial track record, demonstrating ability link marketing results with overall business objectives
- Expert stakeholder management skills, with a proven track record of building and managing relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and ongoing management of B2B brands
- Experience with content marketing and brand publishing an advantage
- Demonstrated expertise and experience across key marketing channels, including (but not limited to) email, direct mail and social media
- Experience in preparing, setting, and managing marketing budgets
- Proven experience leading and developing high performing teams
- Proficient use of MS office products, in particular Word & Excel and MS Outlook
- Experience in database management essential
- Experience with marketing technology platforms preferred
- Knowledge of the events landscape and market complexities required
Why work for us?
As you embark on your new career with us we will give you the tools you need to succeed and provide you with training and support to get you up to speed quickly. We will give you every opportunity to reach your full potential and enjoy a successful career. We're a dynamic, vibrant and fun working environment. We work hard but don't take ourselves too seriously. Expect your colleagues to be similarly driven individuals who will support you every step of the way.
If this sounds like you and you want to be the newest member of our team then send us your Resume and Cover Letter, detailing why you think you’d be a great fit for the Diversified Team.